Writing a Story allows you to document an individual narrative, accompanied with photos, videos, audio, and other supporting documents. You can view your Stories on the Story Wall, Story Timeline and Story Map.
- When logged in, click My Stories. Then click Brainstorms. You add a new story by typing out your own story topic in the Brainstorm field or by clicking a story prompt in the inspiration list.
The Story Wall displays the titles of your Stories in chronological order. You can sort them by category (birth, family, education, or travel) and by person (the individuals who you’ve tagged in your stories).
When logged into your account, click My Page at the top of your screen. This will display your Story Wall.
- 1 When logged into your account, click My Stories at the top of your screen. Then click Published Stories.
- Click the edit icon next to your Story.
- You will be directed to the original page where you have the ability to edit every detail of the Story.
- When logged into your account, click My Stories at the top of your screen. then click published Stories
- Click the delete icon next to your story.
- When logged into your account, click My Stories at the top of your screen. then click Brainstorms.
- Create a new story using the brainstorming field or by clicking on a story prompt.
Photos, videos, and documents:
- Next to your story, click the attachments icon.
- Click Select Files to Upload and select the attachments you wish to upload OR drag the file and drop it in the box that says Drag and Drop files to upload here.
- You will get a message saying, "Successfully uploaded x files."
- You will then be able to caption the photos,document, or video below the upload box.
- Next to your story, click the audio icon.
- Under Record Audio, click Start Recording.
- You might be prompted with this message:
- Click Allow.
- Your recording will begin automatically.
- Click Stop Recording when finished. You have 300 seconds available for audio.
- To listen to your recording, click the play icon.
- If you are not satisfied with your recording, click Start Recording to re-do your audio.
- When satisfied, click Save to Story.
- When logged in, click Stories at the top of your screen.
- Click Manage under Attachments.
- You can include a description of the attachment, change the order of them, set as the cover photo, or delete the attachment.
Tagging people gives you an additional, simpler way to categorize your Stories. For example, by sorting your Stories by people, you can see only the Stories your mother is in.
Yes! You can grant access to let others view your account. For each individual story, you can change your privacy settings to Private, Public, or Shared.
- When logged in, click My Stories at the top of your screen. Then click Published Stories
- Click the privacy icon next to the story you want to edit:
- You will be directed to a new page. Click on your preferred privacy setting.
- Click Save Privacy Settings.
If you choose Shared, you will be prompted to input the email address of the person you wish to share your content with. You must input them one at a time and click Add Email after each email.
To revoke access to someone, click Revoke Access next to their email address.